Thursday 14 May 2020

Spacewolf Version 5ish

Space Wolves were my 1st chapter before the wolf pelts and the Viking influence of 2nd 40k. I chose the grey from the back of the classic space marine box set, rolled them out in Rogue Trader. Then came 2nd Ed and oh my....

Well since then I think I have given this army a number of wacks to get them up to game standard even a little higher. 

This guy I touched up a bit back and was really happy with the result. 
I went through and touched up the lines but kept some of the original paint just because. I find it hard not to pay homage to how far I have come in my painting. 
I went back and repainted my original box set. This was a good feeling I won't lie. My 15year old self thanked me. 

So I started painting the big guy. Leman Russ him self but something was not right. 

Clean paint job. Good lines. He is a bit little.... The armour. It just doesn't pop. 
I was roped into a painting comp on 40kheresy.com with some old mates and not to be shown up I had to put in. 

But i was left with the problem of pop. So I grabbed the closest space wolf at hand to have a go at really putting in. 
I darkened the armour and really used the underpainting to get the effect. Its come up pretty RAD and I'm now motivated to give these guys some more love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment